Ameritas took their support of student-athletes to the next level through NIL partnerships.
Since 2006, Ameritas has been the title sponsor of the Ameritas Players Challenge, a competition annually featuring the University of Nebraska Women’s Volleyball team. The insurance, financial services, and employee benefits company paired their 2022 event investment with NIL partnerships with four participating student-athletes.
- Build excitement, rally fans, and amplify the Ameritas Players Challenge event by leveraging student-athlete social media audience
- Anni Evans, Whitney Lauenstein, Kennedi Orr, and Lexi Rodriguez were featured in the campaign
- Student-athlete participants capitalized on high visibility moments before the season began and after winning games to generate high engagement
- The Opendorse Campaigns Team worked with each athlete to ensure their content was authentic to their channels and tied back to the Ameritas brand
Dylan McCaugherty, Lead Digital and Social Advertising Strategist at Ameritas stated “We were impressed by how authentic and genuine the content came across on the athletes’ feeds. It was obvious they enjoyed working with us just as much as we enjoyed working with them. We’re already looking forward to future partnership opportunities.”
He added, “The Opendorse team simplified the process by helping us select athletes that aligned with our campaign objectives and company values.”
- Four Huskers student-athletes published 12 posts on Instagram
- They generated 141K+ combined impressions
- They generated a 77%+ combined engagement rate, far surpassing the industry benchmark of 12%
McCaugherty and team were extremely happy with the results. Saying, “the overall performance of the posts exceeded our expectations and proved how well the athletes’ content resonated with their followers.”